Burn Injury Attorneys
Burn injuries are often painful, severe injuries that are traumatic both mentally and physically. Our personal injury attorneys in Gainesville understand that a serious burn injury affects individuals in their entirety. If you or a loved one have suffered a burn injury due to negligence, contact our personal injury law firm in Gainesville. Our attorneys hold over 60 years of combined experience in building cases, conducting trials, hearings and mediations. Our attorneys believe that any guilty parties should be held accountable so that your rights may be realized and the possibility for future victims are diminished. We are available for legal counsel and prepared to advocate on your behalf to assist you in recovering the damages you rightfully deserve.
What Are The Types Of Burn Injuries?
Faulty smoke detectors, stove ranges, electrical cords and scalding pipes are only a handful of dangerous sources. The source of burn injuries stem from nearly anywhere and the severity of a burn injury ranges from a first-degree burn to death.
- Thermal burns are the result of coming into contact with extreme heat sources, such as fire, steam or a hot appliance.
- Electrical burns may be caused by faulty wiring or cordage.
- Chemical burns come from contact with acid, alkali, chemicals or an explosion.
- Radiation burns are from nuclear radiation exposure.
- Friction burns which may be caused by skin being scraped or rubbed against another surface.
The source of the burn, length of exposure and heat intensity will dictate the severity of the injury. Burn injuries are categorized as follows:
- First-degree burns are accompanied by redness, inflammation and typically heals within a week. This burn type is the least severe and only damages the epidermis.
- Second-degree burns are painful and more severe the a first-degree burn. This burn will require weeks for the extremely red and blistered areas to heal.
- Third-degree burns are the most severe burn type. Skin damage is experienced through all layers of skin and may penetrate to internal organs and/or bones. Individuals with third-degree burns may experience permanent nerve damage, permanent scarring, physical deformity, life-altering injuries and even death.
Burn Injury Lawsuits
If you have experienced a burn injury due to someone’s carelessness, perhaps a landlord, business owner or employer — or even a faulty product; you have a right to recover damages related to your injury.
Every lawsuit pertaining to a burn injury will vary. However, the victim will always bear the burden of proof, which means that you are responsible for proving how your sustained injuries are the fault of another individual, company or product. Undoubtedly, you need a attorney who holds experience in providing legal counsel in burn injury cases. Your attorney will thoroughly examine your medical records and circumstances to determine if the injury could have been prevented or was the result of gross negligence.
In addition to recovering any punitive damages, your attorney will determine if you are looking at a product liability settlement, workers’ compensation settlement or general negligence settlement. Understanding the full scope of the case will guide our attorney to craft a plan of action capable of providing you the best possible outcome.
With your best interest and recovery in mind, our Gainesville attorneys will advocate for recovery compensation to account for your physical and emotional pain and suffering. Our attorneys understand that a burn injury can dramatically alter your physical and emotional state, which is why we believe in ensuring you receive the compensation you deserve.