Gainesville, FL Truck Accident Lawyers
As a town that is known for its prestigious colleges and universities, it is unsurprising that the city of Gainesville, FL, experiences a lot of intrastate and interstate traveling. What most people do not know, however, is that Gainesville also has its share of many fatal truck accidents that occur annually. Trucking accidents, or semi truck accidents, are not like automobile accidents — they are often more costly and complex, resulting in overall greater personal injury. This is why you need to depend on an experienced truck accident lawyer to handle your case.
Truck Accident Attorneys
Truck accidents, including semis, tractor trailers, and other commercial trucks, are naturally heavier and larger than automobiles. They are responsible for transporting loads of materials, goods, and supplies for all sorts of companies. Their size and weight require drivers to be extremely cautious, especially while driving after dark or in inclement weather. Accidents are often the result of negligence by trucking companies. In such cases, a licensed personal injury lawyer in Gainesville, FL, should be contacted immediately.
Common Causes Of Truck Accidents
While some semi-truck accidents are the result of innocent mistakes or uncontrollable factors, others are the result of negligence of the trucking companies. Common causes of truck accidents include:
Irresponsible Truck Drivers
- Drivers that are under the influence of drugs and alcohol
- Drivers who fail to take designated breaks
- Drivers who disobey basic traffic laws
- Drivers who have not received proper training or have little to no experience
- Drivers who are distracted by unnecessary tasks (i.e. texting, talking on the phone, eating, etc.)
- Drivers who are ill or suffer from fatigue
- Drivers following an unreasonable (or otherwise overwhelming) driving schedule
- Drivers who are unable to see clearly through mirrors/blind spots
Improperly Loaded Trucks
- Trailers that exceed specified weight restrictions
- Semi trucks that are not loaded correctly
- Defects in a truck’s operating systems
- It is difficult for large semi trucks to maneuver properly on roads that are too narrow or prohibited for trucks.
If any of these conditions caused you to be involved in an accident with a semi truck or commercial truck, you may be entitled to rights and compensation. Contact an experienced truck accident attorney at Warner, Sechrest & Butts for assistance.
What Can A Truck Accident Lawyer Do For Me?
Truck (or semi-truck) accidents can result in great harm to people driving smaller vehicles. Many trucking companies attempt to reach a truck accident settlement quickly despite serious injuries or death. While it may seem that the companies are being receptive and cooperative with your needs, trucking companies and their insurance carriers often offer settlement amounts that are much lower than what you can gain if you file a truck accident lawsuit. By working with an experienced truck accident lawyer in Gainesville, FL, you can gain access to compensation for:
- Lost wages (as a result of the time missed from work because of your injury)
- Medical specialists and other experts
- Proper advocacy
- Relief from aggressive bill collectors
- Effective negotiation
Over 40 Years Of Truck Accident Litigation Experience
At Warner, Sechrest & Butts, P.A., our accident attorneys are dedicated to protecting your rights and ensuring that you gain the appropriate amount of benefits after a traumatic truck accident. With over 40 years of truck accident litigation experience in Gainesville, FL, our attorneys can assist you with filing successful claims, preserving applicable evidence, determining liability and helping you to reach a settlement that matches the amount of your pain and suffering. Give us a call today.